Sewing on a rainy Sunday

Clearly blogging about intentions of a making project is a great way to motivate myself to get on with a project that I have been meaning to do for ages!   I posted on Friday about the cushion covers I had been promising small person for her bedroom.  Her obsession with flags had prompted a purchase of colourful flag material to cover some cushions for her bed.  Today, finally, I got round to making them.

DSCN1424[1]

 

I did a very basic flap opening at the back, no buttons or zips and they only took an hour to cut out and sew-up.   I really don’t know why it has taken me so long to get round to it!

DSCN1428[1]DSCN1429[1]

Small person was delighted with them.  Now I need to think of what to do with the leftover material.   It was good to get the old machine out and make something so colourful on such a grey, wet Sunday.   I also spent some time on the internet doing some research on my old sewing machine (the Viscount rather than the Singer).  I was thinking of seeing if there were any feet I could buy for it and was surprised and pleased to find out there are.  So I think some purchases are in order so that I can do more with this machine.   It is a solid machine that works really well so it is silly not to try and get more out of it.    I think I am going to try and make sure I have fully explored the potential of this old work-horse rather than assume I have to buy a younger, flashier model to get more adventurous with my sewing.

Over to you, I would love to hear about some of the things you have made with a vintage machine.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s