I hope you all had a good new years eve – whether that was wild celebrations or a quiet night. We had fairly low key drinks, nibbles, chat (and a bit of dancing).
Savoury food included sausage rolls, cheesey potato cakes, cheese, sausage and bacon rolls and salads. I made a big pile of bite-size rocky roads for those who wanted something sweet.
A good (and rather late) night was had by all and as a consequence today has been rather lazy.
So some aims for the coming year in terms of mending, making and crafting:
- get to know my lovely vintage singer sewing machine better
- buy some feet for my late mother’s old viscount sewing machine
- make myself some clothes – I make lots of things for small person but have not done any dress making for myself for years
- knit something for myself
- learn to cable knit
- continue making things for small person (just in case you think the above seems a little selfish – I wont be neglecting small person!)
- use up lots of the ever expanding stash – the covered coat hanger project will use a lot of this so I am going to try to do one or two a week, not very exciting but worth doing
- finally finish a huge hand sewing project that has been dragging on for far too long – I think I will post about this tomorrow
- try to make at least one brand new recipe a month
So, aims rather than resolutions – over to you – what crafting and making plans do you have for the coming year?