I noticed a ’10 things I love and 10 things I hate’ idea on a few blogs today – Amy, at Love Made My Home was doing it and others. So I thought I would steal/borrow/use the idea.
10 things I love (after the first one, they are in no particular order):
- My family
- Nineteenth Century English literature – most especially George Eliot and Charles Dickens
- Using my hands to make something – either beautiful or practical
- Making order out of chaos
- A Plan
- Radio 4
- The Waltons
10 things I hate (some of these are things that made me sad – I hate that they exist or that they have/are happened/happening – I hope that makes sense)
- Pineapple (doesn’t make me sad, I just loathe the taste of it)
- Unkindness (from simple meanness to extreme hate and intolerance)
- Mindless destruction or violence
- The cult of celebrity
- That neither of my parents lived to see their only granddaughter (makes me very sad)
- Wilful ignorance
- Shouty people
- Carrot or courgette or beetroot cake – love the named vegetables and I love cake but together – no! Just Plain Wrong! Don’t try to make my cake virtuous and don’t naughty up my veg!
Over to you!