The possibilities for somewhat tasteless openings to this post were available – given what I have been mending – but as I didn’t want to put people off from reading further I managed to stop myself.
I have been mending – OH seems to have been having a few trouser problems – the photos speak for themselves really:
So two pairs of trousers that needed some repair work in areas where it really doesn’t do to have holes.
The repairs meant another opportunity to play with my new machine so with some fabric from a pair of jeans bought from the charity shop for 50p (I bought them a while ago as I needed to patch a pair of my jeans, the charity shop jeans were childrens jeans but will provide lots of patches as needed), I got busy.
The patches were placed inside and I just used a simple zigzag stitch. The mends are hardly invisible but these are garden/home/weekend trousers.
Off now to make the most of this good weather and get more washing on the line.